Pages

Friday, March 13, 2009

MASTER RAPPER FRANCIS MAGALONA


Master rapper Francis Magalona was a life of exceptional achievements,youthful and dynamic energy, and courage. No doubt he would be remembered as a true music icon who successfully pulled up Pinoy rap from underground obscurity to mainstream respect.
Showbiz people and everyone glued to "EAT Bulaga" must have stopped whatever they were doing last Friday noon when it was announced on TV that the 44 -year-old classy rapper already passed away. The feeling that someone great had left the world and joined eternity could be felt and that moment of silence asked by the rapper's friend Vic Sotto was sound unforgettable as his signature hit "Mga Kababayan ."
"I thank God for blessing me with beautiful and healthy kids," he told this last year.
Ironically, he would be diagnosed with leukemia months after that interview and thus began his long battle against the deadly illness.
As a talent, Francis M.'s success at fusing genres makes him one of the more remarkable Pinoy performers ever. His "Happy Battle" album won the Katha Music awards' Rap and Rock of the Year. He was awarded Hall of Famer at the 1st Philippine Hip Hop Music Awards.
Perhaps brought about by the powerful youth element in his music, his looks remained youthful 'till the very end of his life. "The youth tag upon me came about as a result of how I treat my music. Fatherhood, in one aspect, helped me grow up more and be tougher in facing challenges. I have to feed my family and that alone pushes me to really work harder."
Francis M. has eight children all in all. Other dads would look aged and drained accomodating the responsibility of having a big family. But he has retained that Francis Magalona image of being baby-faced, energetic, and timelessly sensible.
On the subject of being a dad , he sincerely said, "I will protect my kids till the day I die."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to My Chismis by Email