Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

26 ways to commemorate Ninoy's death anniversary.....

To commemorate Ninoy's death and Cory's life listed 26 things commit to on Ninoy's Aquino's 26 death anniversary. Some of these have to do with the coming elections while others are things that all Filipinos should be doing in our daily lives.
1. I will register and vote in the 2010 elections.
2. I will actively review all the platforms and background of the candidates and choose with my conscience who to vote for.
3. I will actively support the candidates I vote for.
4. I will actively engage my preferred candidates in discussions in support of their good programs and to influence them to support other programs that I believe to be positive.
5. Despite automation, I will support citizen's efforts to safeguard the ballot.
6. I will think through all issues clearly and keep myself informed so that I can make better decisions about them.
7.I will do my work to the best of my ability so that I become a source of pride and inspiration, and not of shame, to my family, friends and public.
8. I will support all efforts to promote peace and justice that will positively impact the lives of the majority of our people.
9. I will use whatever celebrity status I have to promote causes that will uplift the consciousness of our people in ways that empower them.
10. I will work for the passage of the reproductive health bill in this Congress, or in the next one.
11. I will not refrain from speaking my mind on issues, especially those that pertain to how the arts and media sectors can be more responsible to our public.
12. I will continue to write and sing songs that inspire and elevate the spirit and sensibilities of my audience.
13. I will make myself knowledgeable about grassroots issues in my immediate neighborhood and help in any way I can in resolving the problems in my community.
14 I will strive to live a more environmentally correct lifestyle. For one, I will bring my own water (bottled fromhome sources) so that I will not need to buy bottled water and pollute the landfills with plastic.
15. I will live as simply as I can.
16. I will support efforts that will make higher quality education more accessible to more people.
17. I will read literature in Pilipino so I can communicate and discuss things more intelligently with more of our countrymen.
18. I will take personal responsibility for all my actions.
19. I will strive to get out of the habit of blaming anyone when something goes wrong, and instead offer
solutions when possible.
20. I will continue recycling conscientiously at home.
21. I will write to the media and encourage others to make their views, opinions and objections known when
government  and other institutions, including the media itself, cross the line.
22. I will obey all laws and follow traffic rules to the letter.
23. I will never bribe my way out of any situation.
24. I will support and show appreciation when I see government officials and functionaries doing their jobs well.
25. I will keep my home and every environment I inhabit clean and grabage free.
26. I will support and encourage excellence and correct thinking when I see It among our countrymen and I will bring home, from every place I visit in the world, lessons that can help make life better for our countrymen here at home.
     But it is one of the legacies Ninoy left behind, when he and Cory helped us get our freedoms back, that we no longer have to die for our country. Instead, we are called to live for it with commitment and integrity. This civic call can no longer remain unheeded. It is time to stop playing deaf. It is time to listen, and to act.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to My Chismis by Email