Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

Kt Tunstall - drastic fantastic


I just couldn't wait to get my hands on this album. Well, now that I have
downloaded all of the songs on this album, haha, I wouldn't have to buy it then.
Oh well, I was really impressed. "Hold On" the first single released was really catchy right from the very start, I just love the strings and what a nice intro! Upbeat. It was a nice song, one could dance to it. The video - a nice transformation. I just couldn't believe my eyes, KT dancing! Well, so much for what she got accustomed to. And it t was used for the NOKIA 5310 XpressMusic. Haha! Along with other tracks like "Little Favours", "Saving My Face", "If Only" and "I Don't Want You Now", I can say that most of the tracks seems like a flashback to the 70's or 80's, it could be grouped among those tracks played in discos played during those decades. The ones where people love dancing to. "I Don't Want You Now" is also one of MY favorites in this album. 80's beat and good job done by the backing vocals. This also goes for "Little Favours". Another one of my favorites is "Hopeless". Not a dancy song but I like how she sang it. Its breath-taking yet nice work! But there are tracks in the album that's, well, uhm, let me say, not so good. Take "Beauty Of Uncertainty". Ho-hum. But still, most critics gave the album positive review, most of them giving it four stars. The Observer, which gave the album five stars stated that the album
was "bursting with so many hits that Tunstall's comic-book life is about to go stratospheric". Hoho! Way to go KT! She deserves a space on the shelves of every music bar! Really, she ought to be listened to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to My Chismis by Email