Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Saving my First Kiss : A Book Review



Short Description: 
By Default, Lisa Velthouse used to be a “party one.” Then she made it her own choice to date sparingly, purposely holding back the gift of her first kiss. She’s looking forward to the romantic day when she can present her lips to Mr. Right – and later break out the party supplies she has been keeping in her closet.
My Personal Review:
Okay. Another borrowed book  (like the princess diaries)… lend by Janapee and originally from Alu. (Yep! my high school friends)
SMFK is a book about the value of waiting for the right guy in your life and why not worry about being single.  Lisa still has virgin lips (20 years old oh my is this me?) which was really abnormal for in Western  culture. It is possible for us Asian people but not for the western countries. She knows how ridiculous other people think about her but still she’s planning to have “A First kiss party”.  She’s really consistent about it all throughout the book. haha!
The style of her narrations is per chapter but not a novel-like. Each chapter has different experiences and learnings. It is also a scripture-based . It was inspired by  different Bible verse. Lisa is a Christian. I’m not sure if Baptist or Born again. It influences her all the way in the stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to My Chismis by Email