Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

ANNE CURTIS excited for No other woman



092311-anne_main.jpg






After doing the romantic comedy Who’s That Girlearlier this year, Anne Curtis returns to the big screen in her most mature role to date as the other woman in the Star Cinema and Viva Films drama No Other Woman. The 26-year-old actress plays the role of Kara Zalderiaga, a beautiful and carefree socialite who is emotionally detached from love. “I play the role of Kara and siya yung other woman. It’s something na hindi pa nila ako nakikitang nag-portray, kasi lagi na lang comedy or rom-com so it’s a breath of fresh air for me so sana magustuhan ninyo yung character ko dito,” Anne shared during the No Other Woman press con held last September 21 at the Dolphy Theater inside ABS-CBN.

Anne said that when she first got offered the role, she had no hesitations whatsoever about playing the anti-heroine in the story for a change. “Kasi I think I’ve always been very open na gusto ko talaga to do something different. Kasi 14 years na ako sa industriyang ito, parang lahat na yata nagawa ko. So ito ang hindi ko pa talaga nagagawa. So I was so excited, from wearing the swimsuits to different outfits to my hair, prinepare ko talaga. At kitang-kita niyo naman yun samovie. I think people don’t realize that I’m turning 27 next year. They don’t see it kasi napaka-bubbly ko ‘di ba?So people don’t realize that as an actress it’s also my frustration to get roles that help me mature as an actress and I feel that this could be it,” she explained.

Anne admitted that she wants to follow in the footsteps of Hollywood actress Natalie Portman. “Idol ko si Natalie Portman. Ano ba mga tinatanggap na roles ni Natalie Portman ngayon ‘di ba? Yung role niya sa Closer youcould see that she really tackles mature roles na hindi mo iisipin kung bagay ba sa kanya yun? Pero ginawa niya at na-achieve. Black Swan also was super duper more mature pero I want that. I want to move forward as an actress,” she said.



source: http://www.push.com.ph/features/3892/anne-curtis-is-excited-about-playing-the-role-of-a-mistress-for-the-first-time/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to My Chismis by Email